Thursday, April 23, 2009

P.C. and Kristin Cast on Rachel Ray 4/20

With the success of the film Twilight and HBO's True Blood, it appears that vampire stories are here to stay. The latest series of books to chronicle the tales of the undead come from an unlikely pair -- mother and daughter authors! P.C. Cast, a former English teacher, explains to Rachael how the idea of collaborating with her daughter Kristin emerged as a way to make the writing more appealing to a younger generation. "I started writing by myself," she says, "but my inner '70s teenager started to speak on the page, and they were so not the right words." So she turned to her 19-year-old daughter for help and the rest is history, because now their fifth book Hunted debuting at number one on the USA TODAY best seller list!
"Fantasy is a good escape," P.C. says, explaining why she thinks their books have been so successful. "Vampires are sexy and powerful, and who doesn't want to be sexy and powerful right now? And for our young adult audience, they really identify with them because kids think that they're immortal."
Rachael shares some good news with the audience -- P.C. and Kristin's books have been optioned by Hollywood to be made into movies! The mom and daughter talk about their dream cast. "It's hard for me because I fashioned Zoey after Kristin when she was 16," P.C. says about the main role. "But I like Tom Welling, he would be so good as the hero. Miley Cyrus would do a great job too."
Kristin adds, "I think Vanessa Hudgens looks a lot like our heroine and would do a fantastic job!"

3 comments:

  1. Tom welling as who? Miley cyrus and Vanessa Hudgens huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the books but their choice of casting..not so much ?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those actors did not come to mind while picturing the characters in my head...I posted this cuz I wanted y'all to start thinking of your HoN Fantasy Cast...I'm compiling mine and will post it in the HoN Movie thread!

    Sure glad P.C. and Kristin aren't casting the movie...just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete