Monday, May 4, 2009

Pattinson Interview

Robert Pattinson on nudity, his future career, and not knowing what day the 'Twilight' DVD was released (?!)

May 1, 2009, 01:57 PM | by Mandi Bierly

Categories: New MoonNudityTwilight


Now when I read interviews with Robert Pattinson, it's like a game. He gets points and he loses points depending on what he says. (It's a credit to him, really, because it means that I'm still trying to figure him out.) Let's take a look at Part 2 of his chat with Moviefone's Inside Movies Blog.

• "I had a penis implant!": Apparently, the first joke that came to his mind when asked how he prepared to film the explicit scenes in his new movie Little Ashes... +1.

• "...like when I saw my father getting changed for swimming I got, like, traumatized by it": Hmmm. Honesty when talking about English people's hangup with nudity...+1. Making me think back to the similarly traumatizing moment in my own life... -1.

• "And then when you realize you're walking right and stuff, and people -- Spanish people! -- know who you're playing, without the moustache, they know immediately just by looking in your eyes, it's very satisfying.": No idea if he actually pulls off Salvador Dali in Little Ashes, but pretty endearing statement... +1

• "I'd quite like to be a political strategist and like a spin doctor. [Laughs] I'd really, really like to do that. I think I will end up doing that at one point.": Actors who think they might like to do something other than pretend they're someone else... +1

• Describing sudden fame he says, "In my eyes, everything just seems ridiculous, like every single day it's like you're walking on the street, and then suddenly you step on something and it just starts moving really, really fast, and you're not entirely sure what direction it's going in, but you can feel the force of it.": He's always at his most articulate on this topic. I appreciate the imagery when so many people would have just stopped at "ridiculous"... +1

• A clip from his movie How to Be, also shot before Twilight: Oof. I didn't realize he and Kristen Stewart went to the same school of hair acting... - 1   

• "I was in a Blockbuster the other day, and I hadn't realized it was the day the ['Twilight'] DVD was coming out...": Not buying it, Rob... -1 (liked the story about seeing two eight-year-old girls shaking and crying just picking up their pre-ordered DVDs though)

• On whether he'd do full-frontal nudity like Daniel Radcliffe: "I think it would depend on what it is. Yeah, it really does depend on what it is. And I don't think a lot of people would really want to see that. I think it would ruin the illusion. [Laughs]": Self-deprecating humor... always +1.

He ends up with a score of 3 for me. Eh. How'd he do for you this round?

No comments:

Post a Comment